The inaugural Pro West Exposure Camp was hosted by Hoops Executives on September 2-3, 2023, with approximately 110 high school basketball players (ranging from 9th to 12th grade and 2 eighth grade players) of the best players in Northern California. The event was held at the beautiful 3-court facility Tice Valley Recreation Center in Walnut CA. Each player participated in four games, a team practice, and a skill session to put their talents on display and earn an opportunity to play in 1 of 3 all-star games (Top 20, Top 40 & Top 60). Scouts in attendance included Frank Burlison (BurlisonOnBasketball.com, McDonald’s All-American Game voter, Pangos All-American Camp, Spalding All-American and NBPA Camp selection committees), Gerry Freitas (Hoop Review), Conrad Chow (Pro Insight), Britt Wright (Prep Hoops) and Garry Hill-Thomas (Hoop Executives).
Class of 2024 Camp Standout Players
- Evan McKnight, 6’10″ 225 Ygnacio Valley High (Concord CA)
Evan (an unsigned senior center) had a strong defensive weekend banging on the block with Prolific Perp’s Emmanuel Jamgbadi and more than held his ground. Offensively, he is a screen and roll big man but still slightly raw offensively. Long, strong with high academics.
- Leo Ricketts, 6’0″ 158 De La Salle (Concord CA)
Leo plays a traditional PG style, Tough kid moves well without the ball and is a good defender (took two charges in the camp). Catch-and-shoot guy plays hard on both ends of the court.
- Loyal Morris, 6’2″ 180 Ygnacio Valley (Concord CA)
Athletic lefty slasher is active and an effective mid-range shooter when he has time to set his feet.
- James Moore, 6’1″ 170 Clayton Valley Charter (Concord CA)
Big time athlete and strongly built lead guard has the strength to drive by defenders as well as finish at the rim. Very good passer and rebounder for size too.
- Cortevious Taylor, 6’6″ 230 Granada (Livermore CA)
Big body and agile forward is strong, uses his body well to create separation, settles for 3 point shots over driving and prefers the perimeter over posting,
Class of 2025 Camp Standout Players
- Jalen Stokes, 6’5″ 200 Dublin (CA)
Aggressive scorer plays hard defensively and is able to guard multiple positions. National Scout, Frank Burlison named Jalen his “Top 20 All-Star Game Most Outstanding Player.”
- Elijah Perryman, 6’1″ 160 Clayton Valley Charter (Concord CA)
One of Northern CA’s under the radar rising juniors was a surprise performer of the weekend. Was hurt during the spring/summer circuit. Elijah is a long, strong and rangy guard that can play both the PG and SG positions. Makes great decisions in transition, is unselfish, made plays on both ends and shot the ball well from behind the 3 point line. Recruitment has been slow since he wasn’t able to participate this past spring/summer. A real sleeper in his junior class. National Scout, Frank Burlison named Elijah his “Most Outstanding Guard of the Camp.”
- Antonio Kellogg Jr., 6’3″ 150 Ygnacio Valley (Concord CA)
Long, rangy combo-guard. Son of former UConn player Antonio Kellogg is a long, rangy guard that is a crafty scorer. Guarded multiple positions with a low/wide defensive stance and long arms.
- Alvin Loving Jr. 6’4″ 210, Salesian College Prep (Richmond CA)
Strong lefty defender shot the ball well all weekend. High basketball IQ.
- Jasir Rencher, 6’6″ 195, Archbishop Riordan (San Francisco CA)
Long, big time athlete with big shoulders and long arms. Great in transition, Rencher is a nice mid-range pull-up shooter (elevates high over defenders on his release) and finishes above the rim in transition. Currently hold multiple high level D-1 offers.
- Chi-Emeka Vixon, 6’4″ 190 Liberty (Brentwood CA)
Big time athlete with good body frame and high motor is a mid-range shooter that tends to over dribble.
Class of 2026 Standout Players
- Caeden Hutcherson, 6’4″ 175 Archbishop Mitty (San Jose CA)
Athletic, rangy guard is a confident 3 point shooter that settles for 3s but is very capable of putting the ball on the floor and finishing around the rim. Scores at all three levels. As he continues to grow and gets stronger, he should become an above the rim finisher in traffic and through contact. Capable defender when he’s engaged.
- Rashod Cotton, 6’0″ 145 Modesto Christian (CA) * (only came one day of camp)
Aggressive scoring guard and confident scorer is shifty and has great reads out the pick and roll.
- Emmanuel Jamgbadi, 6’8″ 230 Prolific Prep (Napa CA)
Strong, physical high motor big man of Nigerian descent has been in the States for one year. Runs the floor hard, is a big time shot blocker, quick off his feet and rebounds out of his area well. However he is raw offensively (most points came from dunks at the rim). Needs a go to move (struggled when he caught the ball off the block). Will shoot the 3 point shot but had a low percentage of makes this weekend although he has a decent shooting form. National scout Frank Burlison named Emmanuel his “Most Outstanding Post of the Camp.”
- Maximus VanLaningham, 6’9″ 210 Woodcreek (Roseville CA)
High basketball IQ big man is athletic and plays hard on both ends. Strongly built body that runs the floor hard, rebounds out of his area and made multiple plays on the defensive end with blocked shots.
- Rodney Westmoreland, 6’0″ 160 Dougherty Valley (San Ramon CA)
Playmaking PG with elite speed is comfortable in transition. Strong defensive disruptor causes countless turnovers.
Class of 2027 Standout Players
- GJ Hill-Thomas, 5’7″ 130 Bishop O’Dowd (Oakland CA)
Big time shooter (hit five 3s in two games) is a creative finisher with either hand around the basket, has an explosive first step and elite speed with the ball. Playmaker made great decisions in transition all weekend.
- NJ Gray, 5’10″ 135 Branson (Ross CA)
Energetic-shifty playmaking guard has quickness off the bounce. thrives in transition and has high basketball IQ.
- Davit Pachulia, 6’2″ 190 De La Salle (Concord CA)
Son of former NBA champion Zaza Pachulia is a skilled big wing (with high basketball IQ). Handles the ball and shoots it well with time and space.
- Sincere Hudson, 6’2″ 160 Inderkum (Sacramento CA)
One of the camp leading scorers, Hudson is a strongly built freshman that finishes strong around the rim through contact. Mid-range shooter understands how to score and where to get shots from. Only freshman named to the Top 20 Camp All Star game.
Others of Note:
- James Williams, 6’4″ 2026 Bishop Manogue HS (Reno NV): skilled, athletic and long swingman has a high ceiling. Skilled offensively in the half-court with accurate perimeter touch.
- Brandon Gibson, 6’5″ 2024 Monterey Trail (Elk Grove CA): high motor athlete competes on both ends, Tough player loves to drive to the rim and finishes through contact.
- Kellen Hampton, 6’7″ 2025 SoCal Academy (CA): Big/strong body WF holds multiple D-1 offers. Hampton can shoot from the perimeter or post up, has guard skills but settles for jumpers.
- Andre Amesquita-Carter, 6″1″ 2028 Head Royce (Oakland CA): One of two 8th graders at the camp made the Top 40 game. Big shoulders, long arms and skilled.
- Tayshaun Bozeman, 5’11” 2028 MLK MS (CA): One of two 8th graders at the event is a very promising young guard that is good in transition and reads the floor well.
- Fedrick Pernell, 6’1″ 2024, Sacred Heart Cathedral (San Francisco CA): Savvy floor-general is a very good athlete (caught a tip dunk off the rim in traffic which was one of the highlights of camp).
- Blake Bastani, 6’4″ 2026 Miramonte (Orinda CA): Sharp shooting wing with length.
- Maximillian Russell, 6’0″ 2026 Tracy (CA): Crafty playmaking guard with high motor that plays hard on both ends.
- Kahlil Bernard, 6’2″ 2026 Deer Valley (Antioch CA)
- Dante Vigil, 5’10” 2026 Liberty (Brentwood CA)
- Jaiden Miller, 5’7″ 2027 Liberty (Brentwood CA)
- Breydan Worth, 6’0″ 2026 Prolific Prep (Napa CA)
- Cole White, 6’1″ 2027 Riordan (San Francisco CA)
- Dante Ventura, 6’0″ 2026 Archbishop Mitty (San Jose CA)
- Elijah McCoy, 6’0″ 2025 Deer Valley (Antioch CA)
- Xaiver Barnett, 6’0″ 2026 The Kings Academy (Sunnyvale CA)