The Pangos Best of Colorado League (80 players strong) got off to a strong start on Tuesday night August 4th at the Integrity Sports Arena (Windsor CO) and provided us with a great look at several of the state’s top players. Besides myself, other scouts in the building included Ryan Garland (Prep Hoops Colorado & Colorado Hoops), Parker Anderson (Overtime) and Meka Media. BallerTV live-streamed all games played.
Full length video re-plays of all 4 Pangos Best of Colorado League games on opening night are now available on replay from Baller TV: https://www.ballertv.com/events/pangos-best-of-colorado-league All future league games will also be live-streamed by BallerTV.
Team rosters and league schedule can be accessed online at: https://www.fullctpress.net/20-best-o-colorado-league.html
Below is a look at several of the top players that showed out on opening night. One of the state’s top prospects 6-4 2021 Jalen Weaver (Smoky Hill/Aurora CO) could not make it to opening night but is expected to join the league when it resumes on Thursday night August 6th.
* Mouhamed Mbaye 6’8” 2021 Colorado Prep (Westminster CO)
Confident scorer who can both attack the cup with his strength and ample bounce as well as spot up from distance, Very good rebounder and rebounder too. Mbaye was one of the brightest stars of this league on opening night as he posted 20 points/5 rebs. Louisville and Rutgers are recent offers for this Sengal native who has played on the nation’s U-18 and U-19 squads. Arizona State, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati and Memphis have also been in contact. High-major prospect has made previous US stops at Aspire Academy (KY) and Huntington Prep (WV) before settling in at Colorado Prep for his senior year this Fall.
* Baye Fall 6’11” 2023 Lutheran (Parker CO)
Dominating performance on both ends on opening night, Fall is a royal rim-protector that can finish with authority around the rim. Terrific agility, especially in transition and a great attitude are definitely long-term pluses. Legit contender for Top 5 status in 2023, Baye had 14 points in his league game played.
* Assane Diop 6’10” 2023 Belleview Christian (Westminster CO)
Diop is quickly emerging as a promising HM talent with a nice size/skill combination. Like Fall, Assane is a Senagal native that has impressive inside-out ability (9 points in his opening night game). Has a recent early offer from Memphis.
* Gus Yalden 6’9” 2023 Ashville School (NC)
The “Gus Bus was in the house on the league’s opening night. Bulky and skilled PF has recent offers from Missouri, Oklahoma, Auburn, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska and Rutgers. Yalden had the league’s only double-double on opening night (14 points/12 boards). Played at Mater Dei/Santa Ana CA as a freshman last school year and intends to transfer to Ashville School (NC) this Fall.
* Ty Robinson 6’5” 2021 Eaglecrest (Centennial CO)
One of the top 2-sport athletes in the West, Robinson’s final 3 school for football includes Colorado, Utah & Kansas State. Excellent defender and very good shooter with potential to play both sports in college had 12 points on the league’s first date.
* Skylar Wilson 6’6” 2021 Eaglecrest (Centennial CO)
My first look at Wilson was an impressive one. Skilled and bouncy wing with length and nice feel had 12 points including an impressive alley-oop jam on league night one. Looks to be a real Rocky Mountain senior sleeper with plenty of MM+ value.
* Joel Speckman 6’8” 2022 Chaparral (Parker CO)
I was impressed with Speckman’s physicality and consistent ability to score in the paint. Terrific student (3.9 GPA) too.
* Brennan Rigsby Jr. 6’3” 2021 Wasatch Academy (UT)
After an impressive performance at Pangos Best of Utah League in June, Colorado native Rigsby brought his high-flying act to the Pangos Best of Colorado League on Tuesday night. High-octane scorer at all 3 levels is dangerous while attacking the cup.
* Taeshaud Jackson II 6’5” 2021 Dakota Ridge (Littleton CO)
Athletic wing with high motor and strong physique gets a lot done on both ends. Good student too (3.2 GPA) had 12 points in his game.
* Donta Dawson 6’4” 2021 Colorado Prep (Westminster CO)
Strong and explosive WG made a big impact on opening night – connected for 14 points. Dawson dunk was one of the more impressive ones on opening night.
* Zachary Keller 6’9” 2022 ThunderRidge (Highlands Ranch CO)
Agile center with a very solid post game has a recent offer from Utah. Scored 13 points.
* Keegan Phillips 6’6” 2021 Douglas County (Castle Rock CO)
Really like the mobility, activity, athleticism and skill level of Keegan, a very young 6-6 rising senior. Excellent student (3.8 GPA) produces at both ends and had 13 points.
* Eddie McPhee 6’6” 2021 George Washington (Denver CO)
Quick WF can score in a variety of ways. Eddie scored 12 points on opening night.
* Boubacar Mboup 6’9” 2022 Colorado Prep (Westminster CO)
Senegal native is a space eater in the paint that can finish with authority and through contact. Rugged rebounder and defender had an impressive 22 points/6 rebounds on opening night.
* Brayden Carter 6’8” 2021 J.K.Mullen (Denver CO)
Hardworking and productive PF with nice footwork on the block.
* Xavier Harris 6’1” 2021 Horizon (Thornton CO)
Scoring PG can finish at the rim as well as facilitate for teammates. Harris had 15 points on opening night.
* Langston Reynolds 6’4” 2022 Denver East (Denver CO)
Aggressive defender and nice slashing scoring WG.
* Jamil Wright 6’1” 2021 Overland (Aurora CO)
Quick lead guard with plenty of scoring punch (12 points) including a nice floater and mid-range game.
* Brock Wisne 6’9” 2022 Horizon (Thornton CO)
One of the top underclass Bigs at this year’s league, this active and agile PF is also a very good student (3.6 GPA). Wisne scored 11 points in his game played.
* Kadyn Betts 6’5” 2023 Central (Pueblo CO)
One of the most promising young players in this league is Betts, a versatile swingman that can slash and score. Betts has intriguing upside and outstanding academic marks (3.9 GPA).
* Jace Williams 6’5” 2023 ThunderRidge (Highlands Ranch CO)
WG with strong frame and nice outside shot.
* Greg Gerhardt 6’10” 2020 Monarch (Louisville CO)
Long and scrappy center is a regular visitor on the glass. Sterling student too (3.7 GPA).
* Xavier Sterling 6’2” 2021 Harrison (Colorado Springs CO)
Good athlete plays tough defense. Fabulous student (4.75 GPA) with interest from Oberlin, Haverford, and Navy had 10 points on opening night.
* Trey Summers 6’1” 2021 Union Colony Prep School (Greeley CO)
Underrated lead guard averaged 22.1 ppg last season as a junior. Very good shooter scored 12 points on the first night of the league.
* Marzouq Razaaq 6’6” 2023 Overland (Aurora CO)
Young player with nice length, athleticism and hoop IQ for his age/grade, Produced 11 points on opening night.
* Elijah Knudsen 5’10” 2022 Mead (Longmont CO)
Heady PG has a nice perimeter stroke. Off the charts student (4.0 GPA) scored
11 points on opening night.
* Tyce Baldwin 6’4” 2021 Fossil Ridge (Ft. Collins CO)
Excellent athlete finishes well through contact and has range on his jump shot. Scored 11 points.
* Connor Yslas 6’6” 2021 Cherokee Trail (Aurora CO)
Hardworking forward is a good rebounder and defender that is always in the play. Had 12 points.
* Michael Wolf 6’0” 2021 Regis Jesuit (Aurora CO)
Accurate perimeter shooter can score from mid-range as well as from deep. Had 10 points.
* Devin Green 6’1” 2023 Fairview (Boulder CO)
Young combo-guard plays smart and has nice ability to create for teammates. Very good student too (3.4 GPA).
* LaDavian King 6’0” 2025 Horizon Middle School (CO)
LaDavian reportedly is the youngest player in the league but you wouldn’t notice it by his competitive play. Talented guard projects to be one of the next big future talents in Colorado HS basketball.
** first of a series of reports from the Pangos Best of Colorado League. We will be highlighting additional players in future reports